Health | Education | Criminal Justice Reform | Economic Security
Thank you for your interest in the DWJ Public Policy Leadership Fellowship Program. Annually, BWOPA/TILE welcomes applicants between the ages of 25-40 for a highly selective program that prepares and develops emerging leaders to become and strengthen their skills as thought leaders, subject matters experts, advocates and innovators of public policies that positively impact their communities.
BWOPA/TILE launched the Dezie Woods Jones (DWJ) Public Policy / Leadership Fellowship initiative in 2015, to create a space for young leaders to examine and build on BWOPA's core issues - Health, Education, Criminal Justice, Economic Security.
The DWJ Public Policy Leadership Fellowship aims to develop capable BWOPA/TILE’s successors and culture-keepers that will champion a new body of policy work spotlighting BWOPA’s core issues. Ready? Join us in February 2024 to learn more at our Information Session. Questions, email [email protected].
With guidance from seasoned political and private industry leaders, this professional development initiative curriculum includes:
- Lessons for skills development to craft policies relative to BWOPA’s core interest areas;
- Participation in a series of educational and professional development training and seminars;
- Unique occasions to engage elected officials and influential leaders who work within the social and political arenas of BWOPA’s core issues;
- Personal development of political and public service values;
- Invaluable leadership experience by spearheading altruistic projects within California or beyond.
- Produce award-winning and historical documentation, scholarly articles, and artifacts.
Application Deadline is closed for 2023. Visit back soon for 2024.